Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/01/16 09:47:05 UTC

seats/tables in a restaurant (or plane or cinema)

Good day to everybody.

I need advice: in which entity would you store a "table with 4 seats" in
a certain restaurant which is reserved for a certain date and time?

Would facility with facility location be a possibility?

or should it be a fixed-asset (table for 4) for a date/time such as a
hotelroom?

what is the best way to go?

We need a seat numbering because a customer asks a table near the window
which we know is either table 3,4,5

what about when we have plane-seats or bus-seats or cinema-seats with a
floorplan?

Regards,
Hans

--
AntWebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates.....

Re: seats/tables in a restaurant (or plane or cinema)

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Valetina,

I appreciate you answer and wait for your contribution.

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Valentina and others,

I have created a wiki page where we can discuss this further:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/aA4

please feel free to add your text below and patch to this document

Regards,
Hans

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Valentina, I'll try to take a look at this in the near future.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 16, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> The restaurant could be a facility, and the tables could be fixed
> assets
> located at that facility on the specified location(fixed assets also
> has
> location field). You can go even further and add a fixed asset for
> every
> chair and assign it to the table as child fixed asset. Production
> capacity field can be used to store the number of chairs for every
> table.
>
> About plane-seats or bus-seats or cinema-seats, i think it is
> explained
> in Data Model Resource Book v2 page 370. May be it is time to import
> these entities into OFBiz?
>
> I believe, the best way for OFBiz would be to import these entities
> from
> Data Model Resource Book, and use a common model for storing all
> kind of
> reservations - room, table, cinema etc. But obviously this is a lot of
> work...

It shouldn't be too much work, probably not compared with trying to
shoe-horn those concepts into entities with other purposes where it
doesn't quite fit.

I agree this is the approach to go with. I don't have my books nearby
to look it up, but if someone wants to write up entities I'd be happy
to review them.

-David

Re: seats/tables in a restaurant (or plane or cinema)

Re: seats/tables in a restaurant (or plane or cinema)

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
+1

We use rental products for meeting rooms, Ad positions and labs.

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2008-01-16三的 09:55 +0100,Jacopo Cappellato写道:

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Hans,