Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tim Almond <ti...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/14 14:51:23 UTC

Rasterizing question

Hi All,

I'm using the Batik Rasterizer, and I am struggling to convert an SVG
file. It only takes a part of the SVG I have. How do I tell it to use
a bigger space than it is currently doing?

Best answer gets a Gmail invite (if interested)

Tim

Re: Rasterizing question

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Tim Almond wrote:

> I'm using the Batik Rasterizer, and I am struggling to convert an SVG
> file. It only takes a part of the SVG I have. How do I tell it to use
> a bigger space than it is currently doing?

    I take it your getting a 400x400 image out?

    This means that your SVG document lacks both a viewBox (to say
what portion of the infinite canvas to render) and width/height
tags to say how large the default rendering should be.  The viewBox
area is mapped to the given width and height in the absence of either
it randomly picks 400x400 (partly to indicate that you have
underspecified the problem).

    The best thing to do would be to add both of the above to your
content.  You can also provide them with command line args/transcoding
hints if you really can't change the content.

> Best answer gets a Gmail invite (if interested)

    Sure, why not?