Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org> on 2016/01/22 07:07:41 UTC

[Suggestion] Kylin Dev Document would explicitly tell dependent hive job jars

Hi,
When start cubing jobs in Kylin dev environment for example from Intellij,
we should explicitly set hive dependent jars which
include FactDistinctColumnsMapper etc.

This is missing in http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html. We can
tell developer to do the following:

1) In IDE,
set -Dkylin.hive.dependency=/usr/hdp/current/kylinjob/kylin-job-1.2-job.jar

2) copy the corresponding jar file
under kylin/job/target/kylin-job-1.2-job.jar to sandbox if you use sandbox
as development env.

I understand BuildCubeWithEngineTest may directly run some scrip to get
hive dependent jars, but in IDE, looks we have to do manual work above.

Please suggest if that is correct.

Thanks
Edward

Re: [Suggestion] Kylin Dev Document would explicitly tell dependent hive job jars

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,
    Would you mind to open JIRA and submit a patch for such improvement?

    Thanks.
Luke

Best Regards!

Luke Han