Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by William Foster <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 02:53:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to install Apache HTTP Server v2.2.14 on a machine
recently upgraded to Windows 7. Apache worked fine under Windows XP,
but when I go to install this in Windows 7, the install script appears
to hang. In the install wizard dialog it states:

  Installing Apache HTTP Server 2.2.14
  The program features you selected are being installed.

  Please wait while the Installation Wizard installs Apache HTTP
Server 2.2.14. This may take several minutes.

  <progress bar with thin sliver at left edge that makes no progress>

I tried with and without openSSL support, both fail the same way.

Is this install script known to work on Windows 7? If so, how do I
debug what is going wrong?

Thanks.

-William

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Posted by Jonathan Zuckerman <j....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com> wrote:

> [...]
should probably let this rest but I can't resist:

>and these comments of yours are just as trollish as his,
> please take your girly bitch sessions OFF this list, we do not care for
it.

Res I wanted to thank you for your statement, I've been trying to convince
my girlfriend that "bitch sessions" are intrinsically "girly" and this
testimony from an expert on apache will go a long way towards finally
convincing her!

RE: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com>.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Posted by William Foster <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I figured it out, the issue was that Windows 7 firewall was blocking
port 80 by default.  I added a rule to allow port 80 and now it works
correctly.

Thanks.

-William

Posted by William Foster <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wes,

Posted by Res <re...@ausics.net>.

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Posted by Daniel Reinhardt <cr...@cryptodan.net>.
Wesley,

If you have nothing to contribute to the help of this user then do not reply.
Your remarks are rather trollish, and quite frankly unwarranted.  You in so many
words is exactly why I hate the Open Source community with a passion.  Your
drive to force another operating system onto another user is rather immature,
and quite frankly very unprofessional.  I have left user to user lists due to
such behavior.  Apache is Apache regardless of what OS it is ran on, so please
offer up some assistance instead of linux fanboish attitude.

Next time think before you post, and act with a little bit more professionalism.

One pissed off multi-operating system user,
Daniel