Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jo...@mines-paristech.fr> on 2016/06/23 20:13:24 UTC

SolrCloud start up script

Hello,

I have a quite dumb question. I'm new to Nutch/Solr and we're migrating our Web indexer from a commercial product to
Nutch/Solr.  I haven't yet understood all internal I need. After spending some time, I have a problem...

I've installed Nutch/Solr and everything works fine with Solr in standalone mode. I've even installed Solr with the
install_solr_service.sh script. Everything is fine.

Now, I want to go further and pass Solr to cloud mode. I haven't found an elegant way to modify /etc/init.d/solr script
nor /etc/default/solr.in.sh script in order to launch Solr in cloud mode. But I succeeded to start it with some dirty
workaround.

Can you point me some hints or links on how to do this cleanly ?

Remark : the only reason I'm trying to migrate to SolrCloud is to be able to do Basic Auth. We've just around 30,000
documents to index and standalone is enough to us.

Regards

JMarcio

Re: SolrCloud start up script

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Good luck!  Let me know if you run into any more trouble.

Posted by Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jo...@mines-paristech.fr>.
Thank you John ! This is a good start.

I understand that is seems more complicated than I though, but... Got the way !!!

Regards

Jos�-Marcio

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jo...@mines-paristech.fr>.