Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by co11983 <sk...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 01:25:50 UTC

Redelivery Policy

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.3.2 with Websphere 6.1 and I am have trouble getting
rollbacks to work.  My messages are marked as PERSISTENT.  My rollbacks just
move the message to the DLQ.  I would like the message to be redelivered to
the original queue using a maximumRedeliveries set to 4.  After the 4th
attempt the message should be movied to the DLR.  Below is the policyEntry I
added to the activemq.xml configuration file.  What step am I missing to get
redeliveries to work?

           <policyEntry queue=">" >
                  <deadLetterStrategy>
                  <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."

useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
                                                processExpired="false"
                                                processNonPersistent="false"
                  />
                  <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="4"
backOffMode="true"
                    initialRedeliveryTimeout="30000"
backOffIncreaseRate="1.0"/>

                  </deadLetterStrategy>
                  <pendingQueuePolicy>
                    <vmQueueCursor/>
                  </pendingQueuePolicy>
                </policyEntry>

Re: Redelivery Policy

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Have a peek at the one of the redelivery test cases[1] to see how
redelivery works. There is only the DLQ in activemq. Also, peek at the
solution in AMQ-2710[2] which may provide some more insight.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/RedeliveryPolicyTest.java?view=markup

[2] https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2710

On 17 August 2010 00:25, co11983 <sk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.3.2 with Websphere 6.1 and I am have trouble getting
> rollbacks to work.  My messages are marked as PERSISTENT.  My rollbacks just
> move the message to the DLQ.  I would like the message to be redelivered to
> the original queue using a maximumRedeliveries set to 4.  After the 4th
> attempt the message should be movied to the DLR.  Below is the policyEntry I
> added to the activemq.xml configuration file.  What step am I missing to get
> redeliveries to work?
>
>           <policyEntry queue=">" >
>                  <deadLetterStrategy>
>                  <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
>
> useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
>                                                processExpired="false"
>                                                processNonPersistent="false"
>                  />
>                  <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="4"
> backOffMode="true"
>                    initialRedeliveryTimeout="30000"
> backOffIncreaseRate="1.0"/>
>
>                  </deadLetterStrategy>