Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2014/06/27 20:44:53 UTC

partition deployment

Hi,

I am trying to configure stratos for parition deployment.

In that, doc says provide unique parition id? Is it a network partition id that represents the region and zone on iaas provider?

thanks,
maria

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
It says you are not authorized to send POST requests. So, my guess is your
Openstack account has not enough privileges to perform instance creation
etc.

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: partition deployment

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
I've added a JIRA to improve the experience for users trying to configure
Stratos [1] - note that the JIRA contains two sub tasks [2,3].

---
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-690
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-691
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-692

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
Could you please share your cloud-controller.xml which can be found at
<STRATOS>/repository/conf/ or else please check followings are correctly
set in there.

<identity svns:secretAlias="cloud.controller.openstack.identity">
*Openstack_project_name:Openstack_login_user*</identity>
<credential svns:secretAlias="cloud.controller.openstack.credential">
*password*</credential>
<property name="jclouds.endpoint" value="*http://<openstack_ip>:<port>/v2.0*"
/>

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Maria,

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com>.

________________________________
just try with this. this works fine on openstack.

{
  "id": "P1",
  "provider": "openstack",
  "property": [
    {
      "name": "region",
      "value": "RegionOne"
    }
  ]
}

Dakshika Jayathilaka

Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.

lean.enterprise.middleware
0771100911

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am pasting again by copying from the text area of 1st of configure stratos step

>{
>      "id": "zone-1",
>      "provider": "openstack",
>      "property": [
>          {
>            "name": "region",
>            "value": "PHX"
>          },
> {
>            "name": "zone",
>            "value": "PHX01"
>          }
>      ]
> }
>

>________________________________

 "value": "PHX01"

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Dakshika Jayathilaka <da...@wso2.com>.

Re: partition deployment

Its ok. May be I missed it while sending email.

Anyhow, could you or someone respond to below questions of mine and error mentioend as I am stuck at first step of stratos configuration

________________________________
hi Maria, it looks like you have missed a comma:

{
      "id": "zone-1",
      "provider": "openstack",
      "property": [
          {
            "name": "region",
            "value": "PHX"
          },
 {
            "name": "zone",
            "value": "PHX01"
          }
      ]
 }

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

So, ur saying its user provided name to be made unique in stratos then?. And its, not a system generated unique name or id on the openstack end?

>If its user provided name to be made unique on stratos, how can we guarantee uniqueness there? Does stratos check uniqueness?
>

>Also,  I am getting the below error. the parition info i gave is as follows
>

>{
>      "id": "zone-1",
>      "provider": "openstack",
>      "property": [
>          {
>            "name": "region",
>            "value": "PHX"
>          }
> {
>            "name": "zone",

 "value": "PHX01"

Re: partition deployment

Posted by Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Its ok. May be I missed it while sending email.

Anyhow, could you or someone respond to below questions of mine and error mentioend as I am stuck at first step of stratos configuration

________________________________
hi Maria, it looks like you have missed a comma:

{
      "id": "zone-1",
      "provider": "openstack",
      "property": [
          {
            "name": "region",
            "value": "PHX"
          },
 {
            "name": "zone",
            "value": "PHX01"
          }
      ]
 }

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Maria Beckham <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

So, ur saying its user provided name to be made unique in stratos then?. And its, not a system generated unique name or id on the openstack end?

>If its user provided name to be made unique on stratos, how can we guarantee uniqueness there? Does stratos check uniqueness?
>

>Also,  I am getting the below error. the parition info i gave is as follows
>

>{
>      "id": "zone-1",
>      "provider": "openstack",
>      "property": [