Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Richards <mr...@insystems.com> on 2004/03/17 16:55:27 UTC

JMX conflict in Tomcat 5.0

Hello,
	I am working on a web-application that was previously deployed on
Websphere but we would like to deploy it on Tomcat 5.0.  However, our
application uses JMX and it seems that our JMX jars conflict with Tomcat's
JMX jars.  We found that if we replace Tomcat's JMX jars with our JMX jars
our application appears to work but I was wondering what the ramifications
of this are for Tomcat.  We are using the Sun implementation of JMX (I think
it's version 1.1).

Is there any way to make this work without mangling the Tomcat installation?
Will Tomcat work properly with our JMX jars?

Other details:
Our web-app conforms to Servlet 2.2
JDK 1.3.1
Changing our version of JMX to whatever Tomcat uses is not an option at this
time.

Thanks,

Mark Richards >>
Software Developer