Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk> on 2019/09/16 23:30:54 UTC

Running Python Wordcount issues

Hello folks,

Trying to get started running the python word count example against the
portable runner using the beam 2.15 download.

In on terminal I have:

gradle :runners:spark:job-server:runShadow

And another:

gradle portableWordCount -PjobEndpoint=localhost:8099
-PenvironmentType=LOOPBACK

But when it starts it says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File
"/home/ubuntu/beam-release-2.15.0/sdks/python/apache_beam/examples/wordcount.py",
line 135, in <module>
    run()
  File
"/home/ubuntu/beam-release-2.15.0/sdks/python/apache_beam/examples/wordcount.py",
line 115, in run
    result.wait_until_finish()
  File
"/home/ubuntu/beam-release-2.15.0/sdks/python/apache_beam/runners/portability/portable_runner.py",
line 446, in wait_until_finish
    self._job_id, self._state, self._last_error_message()))
RuntimeError: Pipeline
BeamApp-ubuntu-0916232552-dd0af6d7_90675fc0-c39c-4ca7-93fc-c7c7e980f546
failed in state FAILED: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.beam.sdk.coders.LengthPrefixCoder cannot be cast to
org.apache.beam.sdk.coders.KvCoder

And I have no clue where to start looking to fix that as I’d assume the
demos should just run?

Tom

--

Spicule Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number:
09954122. Registered office: First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston

All engagements
are subject to Spicule Terms and Conditions of Business. This email and its
contents are intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure, distributing or copying. Any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Spicule Limited. The company accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email before deleting it from your system. Service of legal notice
cannot be effected on Spicule Limited by email.

Re: Running Python Wordcount issues

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.
Alright well I’ve got 2.16 checked out and building so I’ll test it and
feedback.

Thanks!

On 17 September 2019 at 00:43:57, Benjamin Tan (benjamintanweihao@gmail.com)
wrote:

I can confirm. I used the master branch to get this to work. I tried the
"release-2.16.0" branch but that didn't work either.

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.
That error went away for me on 2.16 from Git.

Tom

On 17 September 2019 at 00:47:27, Robert Bradshaw (robertwb@google.com)
wrote:

What errors did you get with the release-2.16.0 branch?

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Tan <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.
This is a known issue with Beam 2.15. Using master or the 2.16 branch
should fix the problem.

Kyle Weaver | Software Engineer | github.com/ibzib | kcweaver@google.com