Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Praveen Peddi <PP...@kivasystems.com> on 2013/10/23 17:26:12 UTC

No conduit initiator found for namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http.

Hi all,
We are using apache cxf 2.6.1 to call Restful API. Both Server and the client use cxf libraries. On the client side, we use cxf generated client. Everything works in dev environment but we recently saw this error in production environment. I googled and found nothing for this specific namespace. I am wondering if anybody else got this. I already verified that the class path has following 5 cxf libraries (both in dev and prod). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

List of cxf jars we have in class path:
/opt/mhs/lib/cxf-api-2.6.1.jar
/opt/mhs/lib/cxf-rt-bindings-xml-2.6.1.jar
/opt/mhs/lib/cxf-rt-core-2.6.1.jar
/opt/mhs/lib/cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs-2.6.1.jar
/opt/mhs/lib/cxf-rt-transports-http-2.6.1.jar

Here is the error message. Its very generic and I am having hard time finding the root cause.

apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain - Interceptor for {http://rest.perfmon.kiva.com/}IPerfMonRestEntityAssociationService has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: No conduit initiator was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http.
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.AbstractConduitSelector.getSelectedConduit(AbstractConduitSelector.java:127)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.UpfrontConduitSelector.selectConduit(UpfrontConduitSelector.java:77)
at org.apache.cxf.message.ExchangeImpl.getConduit(ExchangeImpl.java:130)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.getConduit(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:71)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:46)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:262)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.doChainedInvocation(ClientProxyImpl.java:526)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.invoke(ClientProxyImpl.java:205)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy60.addEntityAssociation(Unknown Source)
at

Re: No conduit initiator found for namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http.

Posted by Praveen Peddi <PP...@kivasystems.com>.
I finally found the root cause of the problem but I am still not sure if
its due to cxf code or java itself or combination. Basically its somehow
related to ordering of jar files in the classpath. If I have
cxf-rt-transports-http-2.6.1.jar in the beginning of class path,
everything works fine. Originally I had this jar file specified somewhere
in the middle (class path is auto generated). Could this be CXF issue? My
class path length is huge but AFAIK that should not cause any issues in
Linux environment.

If CXF devs have any insight into why ordering of this jar file would
cause the below issue, I would really appreciate the answer. I could put
this jar file in the beginning of class path but that would a hack.

Thanks
Praveen

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, sorry, missed that,

Hmm... I'm not really sure.
Can you do the following in your code, after you initialize the proxy:

WebClient.getConfig(myProxy).getHttpConduit();

and throw an exception if it returns null.

Will that work ?
Can you also try CXF 2.6.10 or migrate to CXF 2.7.7 ?

Cheers, Sergey

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: No conduit initiator found for namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http.

Posted by Praveen Peddi <PP...@kivasystems.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Praveen Peddi <PP...@kivasystems.com>.

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen Peddi <PP...@kivasystems.com>.
Hi Andrei,

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Normally the reason of exception "No conduit initiator was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http" is missing cxf-rt-transports-http-2.6.1.jar in the classpath. This jar contains HTTPTransportFactory registered under "http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http".