Posted to users@camel.apache.org by laowai <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 05:49:58 UTC

Re: How, exactly, to get the vm component to work

Hi,

I'm struggling with this exactly same issue, how to get the VM component to
work. I'm at the same point as OP, trying to figure out how to share
camel-core between the WAR files. Also, I'm not expert in class loading but
can see from the logs that the problems are related to dependecies.

I'm running WARs in Apache Tomcat and using Maven projects to build the WAR
files.

The main problem I'm having at the moment is that I cannot sort out the
dependencies for the shared camel-core. If I share only camel-core component
I get class loader exception related to Log dependecies. If I share also
log4j, slf4j and slf4j-api (dependencies included by default in the maven
project) I get exception related to commons-log. If I remove all log
dependencies there is another exception.

I'm quite sure that OP has same/similar problem with the dependencies as
sharing just camel-core doesn't seem to be enough.

The unit tests are demonstrating how to use VM, but doesn't answer to the
question how to share the camel-core which is key to get the VM working.

Are there some other packages that must be also shared with camel-core? Any
documentation, tutorials, examples about how to share camel-core?

Thanks