Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ac...@saysit.com on 2003/08/04 08:43:18 UTC

Is this an OpenSSL or httpd problem ???

Hi All.
Problem : Netscape 6.2 would not "redirect"from http://my.first.com to
https://my.secure.dom
I have two vhost entries, first one listens on port 80 and secure one on
443.
My bjective : from the first web-site, creae a link to a secure one in
index.html using an anchor e.g. <A HRED="http://my
secure.dom">ClickMe</A>
In tmy http.conf, I have this setup :
(http.conf)
Listen 192.168.100.1:80
Listen 443
NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.1
<VirtualHost 192.168.100.1:80>
ServerName my.first.dom
</VirtualHost>
# I added the following 4 lines just for Netscape6.2
<VirtualHost 192.168.10.1:80>
ServerName my.secure.dom
Redirect /index.html https://my.secure.dom/index.html
</VirtualHost>
# as far as MSIE5 or Linux/Mozilla are concerned, following lines are
all that's needed to make it work...
<VirtualHost>
ServerName my.secure.com
<IfModule mod_ssl.c> ...blabla</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Works fine with MSIE5 and Lnux/Mozilla, just not Netscape6.2
In netscape, the unsecure site presents itself again when I click on the
link the my.secure.dom, as if it culdn't reslve the URL and defaults to
my.first.dom.

Error log tells me that SSLSessonCache is not configured.
Doesn't seem related.
What do need to do to get Netscape6.2 working ???

TIA :-(