Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com> on 2012/04/04 22:28:41 UTC

bad jetty jars for 3.x?

Whenever I try to run tests for 3.x I am getting problems with the jetty jars for the solr example.  Before the checksums were added I was getting an error reading the jar.  Now I get a bad checksum error.

[licenses] CHECKSUM FAILED for ... solr\example\lib\jetty-6.1.26-patched-JETTY-1340.jar (expected: "baa65a6f9940f2977fa152221522c0fce84d8c92" was: "d446a42a8399e30a8c6e8cfbfb135a6111ea689c")
[licenses] CHECKSUM FAILED for ... solr\example\lib\jetty-util-6.1.26-patched-JETTY-1340.jar (expected: "1cd718806c8f0baa318ea4a9c3a5e2f82e27f0e6" was: "186e4c23c58c0eb51342aec9cec92679d70f6c0c")

Any ideas what I can do?

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Re: bad jetty jars for 3.x?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Dyer, James <Ja...@ingrambook.com> wrote:
> Looked a little more into it and found the issue is that "http://cloud.github.com/downloads/rmuir" is blocked on the network I'm on.  Is hosting these on Robert's github space a permanent arrangement?   If so, I imagine I can get the jars from an old checkout and manually put them in the ivy repository?

in trunk already, jetty is upgraded to version 8.

But for 3.x, solr depends on jetty 6, and heavily.
if you cant download these jars, you can:
1. use a regular buggy jetty 6.1.26
2. compile them yourself:
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/rmuir/jetty6-unicode/jetty-6.1.26-patched-JETTY-1340.jar
3. get them from somewhere else (HINT: exact same jars that used to be
in source tree/previous releases)

> Of course if the whole build didn't fail because the example couldn't be compiled that would be a nice plus.  For instance, I've been just trying to run the DIH tests, so I don't see why I need to care if "example" will compile.

DIH Tests depend on jetty, look at TestContentStreamDataSource
so does solr's test-framework, and a lot of its other stuff.

--
lucidimagination.com

RE: bad jetty jars for 3.x?