Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Bernard Stumpf <be...@verizon.net> on 2008/03/31 23:32:06 UTC

is socketappendertestcase, xmlsocketappendertestcase being run in any log4cxx tests ?

I've searched for evidence that any of the SocketAppender test cases
were run by the log4cxx tests, and it appears that these tests are not
run. The only related one is "sockethubappendertestcase:  SUCCESS", but
that is not a client logger case, I think.

Looking through the log4cxx issues:
  LOGCXX-164: XMLSocketAppender is disabled - is marked fixed.
  LOGCXX-165  XMLSocketAppender may generate erroneous output - also
marked fixed.

Please explain.  Should there be a SocketAppender test case run as part
of the log4cxx tests?

-Bernie Stumpf

Re: is socketappendertestcase, xmlsocketappendertestcase being run in any log4cxx tests ?

Posted by Bernard Stumpf <be...@verizon.net>.
Thanks for this info.  Looking over the Ant build.xml file, I see that
to run the target run-socketserver it needs a log4j-xxx.jar which it
finds in either  ~/.m2/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.14/log4j-1.2.14.jar or
in /usr/share/java/log4j-1.2.jar

  How does this log4j-xxx.jar get there?  I do not see how the POM.xml
gets it to the ~/.m2/repository either.

  Can you provide info on where to obtain log4j-<version>.jar from?

thanks,
-Bernie Stumpf

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.