Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by abhijith <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 22:58:27 UTC

Artemis failover on initial connection

Hi,

I have a HA cluster with one master and one slave.  I am creating connection
factory with below settings.

HashMap<String, Object> map = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            map.put("host", "artemis01-mydev");
            map.put("port", "61616");
            map.put(TransportConstants.SSL_ENABLED_PROP_NAME, true);
            TransportConfiguration server1 = new
TransportConfiguration(NettyConnectorFactory.class.getName(), map);
            HashMap<String, Object> map2 = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            map2.put("host", "artemis02-mydev");
            map2.put("port", "61616");
            map.put(TransportConstants.SSL_ENABLED_PROP_NAME, true);
            TransportConfiguration server2 = new
TransportConfiguration(NettyConnectorFactory.class.getName(), map2);

            ActiveMQConnectionFactory cf =
ActiveMQJMSClient.createConnectionFactoryWithHA(JMSFactoryType.CF, server1,
server2);
            cf.setRetryInterval(1000);
            cf.setReconnectAttempts(1);
            cf.setRetryIntervalMultiplier(1.0);
            cf.setInitialConnectAttempts(1);
            cf.setFailoverOnInitialConnection(true);

             cf.setCallTimeout(2000);

Problem is connection factory is trying to receive cluster topology from
slave which is 'artemis02-dev' and errors out.  Its not falling back to
master to receive the topology.  It works fine if it connects to master
first time itself.

I thought by setting setFailoverOnInitialConnection() will do that.  I am
not able to figure out how to solve this.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Abhi