Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/03 13:48:21 UTC

Re: Next 2.x release

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:49 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've made some progress on getting the distributed domain and sca
>> client going again and would like to do another release to get those
>> out. If i started the release process next week would that fit in ok
>> with others plans?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> What shall we call this next release? Following on from the last
> release it would be 2.0-Beta3, another option could be 2.0. What else
> do we need to get done before we're ready for a 2.0 release? If its a
> short list of todo's should we just work on getting those done and
> going straight to 2.0 for the next release?

Any comments on the release name?

I'm back from being on holiday now and it looks like there are enough
others active to get a release vote out so I'd like to have another go
and getting a release out. Unless anyone asks otherwise I'll probably
do a bit of clean up and review this week and cut an RC next week.

   ...ant

Re: Next 2.x release

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > I'm not going to argue against that I was just repeating what we've
>> > said previously. How about the make this the last beta then get down
>> > to doing the 2.0 release. Our first action should be to list all the
>> > things we think we need to get done in JIRA under the 2.0 category and
>> > then work through them. Our 2.0 category has 18 items in it (2.x
>> > category has 43 items in it) many of while can be closed. So we should
>> > close them down and populate with any others that must be there.
>> >

>> Ok that makes sense. To make this clearer I've moved all the existing
>> open v2 JIRAs to Java-SCA-2.x (there were still a few open ones from
>> previous v2 releases too), lets spend the next week adding what are
>> real issues and tasks that need to happen for 2.0 and put them in
>> Java-SCA-2.0. Then we can see how close we are to doing the 2.0
>> release.
>>

> Not many JIRA added to the Java-SCA-2.0 category yet. Is this because we're
> almost done and people are happy to leave things till post 2.0 or do we need
> more time to move and create the JIRAs?
>
>    ...ant

I think it's because we haven't got our fingers out and done it!

Simon

Re: Next 2.x release

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

RE: Next 2.x release (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by "Yang, Gang USA CTR (CH)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi, Simon,

Thanks for looking into this. The significance of JIRA 3852 and 3853 is that it at least allow us get hold of the SOAP message for security processing.

>From the view point of having a general solution, fixing 3852 is preferred since it allows us to integrate with Tuscany instead of the specific WS binding providers (sort of), which can theoretically provide a more generic solution regardless what binding provider is used. I understand my this statement is not entirely true because it depends on how much abstractions Tuscany API provides. I think our earlier discussions touched upon this. But there's a hope. On the contrary, 3853 only provides a way to integrate with Axis2 binding provider specifically.

Thanks again.
Gang

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.