Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/31 00:36:58 UTC

sample UDF project

Hey,

I just built the beginnings of a project to contain sample UDF
implementations to minimize the startup time of people wanting to build
their own.

See https://github.com/mapr-demos/simple-drill-functions

Ping me if there are improvements to be had.

Also, I am curious how we should make this available.  I would like for it
be outside of the normal drill distribution so that people can see what a
stand-alone project should look like.

This is related to the documentation which I found to be correct, but less
specific than it should be at the end (or beginning) where I think it
should say: clone this repo, run these two commands and see something work
in drill.

Any thoughts here?

Re: sample UDF project

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Ahh... that makes sense.  And in fact, it sounds like why Github skeletons
are preferable to most Maven archetypes.

Re: sample UDF project

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: sample UDF project

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.