Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rutledge, Aaron" <AR...@5prime.com> on 2002/08/02 23:49:02 UTC

adding a virtual directory

I'm sorry for this very basic question, but I can't find an answer
anywhere.

Within my web application I would like to map everything requested from
one directory (such as http://my.com/my_ap/my_dir) to another directory
located on another server (mapped like
\\Server_name\directory\my_static_content).  Can I do this from my
application's web.xml or only by specifying a virtual directory in
server.xml?  I would rather keep everything self-contained so that I can
deploy it on other servers without modifying the server.xml on each
machine deployed.  Surely there is a way to do this?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated! Regards, Aaron