Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rsekhar <ra...@secf.com> on 2007/01/11 15:02:21 UTC

Response based request handling

Hi All

I'm new to Jmeter, i want to know can we handle the folowing scenario using
Jmeter

Let’s take the example of an airline. A person goes from A to B on a certain
date on a certain flight at a certain time. When he books a ticket, a seat
is reserved for him. The next person who books a ticket gets the next
available seat and so on. For this, we will require JMeter to understand
what a seat is and how to pick the next available seat. If all seats are
booked in that flight then it has to pick next available flight that has
seats, if all seats in all the flights booked then it has to search for next
day flights and repeat the same action.  We want to load test this scenario
using JMeter.

Is this possible and any ideas on how this can be done? A simple example
would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Raja