Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 15:10:41 UTC

Hadoop Client and JAAS not working.

All,

How can I make the Hadoop Client find the com.sun.security.auth.module
package?

I am trying to use the Hadoop Client in an equinox container.  I'm using
bndtools for my code.  I'm getting an error when I try to access HDFS.  The
error says it can't find com.sun.security.auth.module.UnixLoginModule.
 This happens with the following code:

*Configuration conf = new Configuration();*

*conf.addResource(new Path(F.CFG_PATH + "/core-site.xml"));*

*conf.addResource(new Path(F.CFG_PATH + "/hdfs-site.xml"));*

*conf.addResource(new Path(F.CFG_PATH + "/mapred-site.xml"));*

*FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);*

I've been advised to set a runtime property like so:

*-runproperties:*
*org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=com.sun.security.auth.module*

and to also have my bundle import the package in question:

*Import-Package: com.sun.security.auth.module*

both of which I've done to no avail.   What can I do? I find working with
OSGi, issues like this crop up often especially with code that was not
originally written with OSGi in mind. Other than that, I like OSGi. I like
bndtools. I like Hadoop. Why can't they all just get along? :-)

Thanks in advance.

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts

Re: Hadoop Client and JAAS not working.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wim,

I am running servicemix.  For the time being, I have side stepped the
issue.  I am using the hadoop client only as a dependency to the accumulo
client.  No doubt the need will arise again.

Posted by Wim Verreydt <wi...@anova.be>.
Hi Geoffry,