Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Chinmay Kolhatkar <ch...@apache.org> on 2016/11/22 09:30:37 UTC

Example use of Windowed Merge Operator

Dear Community,

I want to use Windowed Merge operator to merge two stream. To keep it
simple, I'm currently looking to work with Global Window itself.

I have 2 stream both having datatypes as POJO and I want to join the two
streams on one or more fields from the POJO (configurable).
But I see the two input ports of KeyedWindowedMergeOperatorImpl are not
compatible and cannot work with POJOs.

Can you please provide me direction how can I use
KeyedWindowedMergeOperatorImpl for this purpose?

Thanks,
Chinmay.

Re: Example use of Windowed Merge Operator

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.
Chinmay:

Not sure whether you have gotten your answer already.

The assumption that was made for the KeyedWindowedMergeOperatorImpl was
that the merge is on the key itself and that's why there is only one KeyT
for the key parameter. InputT1 and InputT2 are the values associated with
the KeyValPair for input port 1 and input port 2 respectively,

For POJO's, I see that there is a PojoInnerJoin class in Malhar that
implements the MergeAccumulation interface.

David