Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/04 16:34:11 UTC

AMQ 5.6.0 - Random URI/Port assignment

I'm upgrading Active MQ from 5.4.2 to 5.6.0 (latest available in Maven
repository)

All our Unit test cases and Build goes well, however,
... on deployment we find it creating Random URL connections to
tcp://127.0.0.1:<random port>

We create a ConnectionFactory in Spring that uses the following adapter
where the Broker URI is provided.
The value given is - *tcp://localhost:61616* ; which works perfectly fine in
5.4.x but in 5.6.0 its going wonky and decides it knows best ?! :) heh
Crazy!

Can someone please explain whats going on and how we can fix it?

Re: AMQ 5.6.0 - Random URI/Port assignment

Posted by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com>.
..we had a Check to test i a Connection is available before allowing the user
to enter a message.
In earlier verison (and yet to verify) , "con =
template.getConnectionFactory().createConnection();" was not relibale to
state if the Broker was up or not. ... not sure if there is a better way for
the client to check if the Borker is up.

We created a raw socket test .. .that socket test was responsible for
abruptly breaking the connection and causing the Broker to respond with the
log.

So the cause of that log is known and was custom to our problem.

Re: AMQ 5.6.0 - Random URI/Port assignment

Posted by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com>.
ok,. .. turns out this is generated by the Borker

..and is not the URL the client is sending on but the Broker indicating the
connection was abruptly broken by the client.
See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2730

..however am still not sure how to Mute this?
The messages are sent using AUTO ACKNOWLEDGE and am doing nothing illegal to
deserve this WARNING in the logs. Its pretty annoying and still there in
5.6.0.