Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/05/09 01:48:34 UTC

Javadoc hosting for ASF projects?

Thanks to Everett [1], we now have a "proper" Javadoc link from
jclouds.apache.org [2], but are still looking at the easiest place to
host this documentation.

A GitHub repo (via GitHub Pages) is an option we've used previously,
but I recall that running into repo size/Pages generation issues when
the repo gets large, which is going to happen sooner or later with
Javadoc for multiple versions. And having Javadoc for each version in
a separate repo will lead to a bunch of repos, which we probably also
do not want.

Does anyone have any information about what other ASF projects do to
host things like Javadocs? Obviously, we'd like to have them on ASF
infra if possible. Is it possible to commit them to an SVN repo and
have them display in a browser properly (i.e. as HTML, rather than
text) in some easy way? Are there other hosting options?

Suggestions appreciated!

ap

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-147
[2] http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/javadoc/1.7.2/

Re: Javadoc hosting for ASF projects?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
I'd come ask on infrastructure@apache.org
jclouds isn't the first Java project at the ASF, so take advantage of
experience there if you want.