Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Daily, Jeff A" <je...@pnl.gov> on 2006/04/19 18:24:55 UTC

Jetspeed-layouts.war does not autodeploy

Don't know if the version info is important to help with my issue, but
here it is.

Tomcat version: 5.5.16
JVM version: 1.5.0_06-b05
OS: Linux
OS version: 2.4.21-40.Elsmp

Downloaded latest source revision as of yesterday, perhaps 395283?
Using maven plug-in version 2.0-M3

I successfully ran the following maven goals
Maven j2:portal.genapp,
Maven j2:war:install,
Maven j2:quickStart,
after some trial and error.  One trial was that in my build.properties
file, my environment variable ${CATALINA_HOME} was being replaced with a
blank string, so I had to hardcode the correct value.  Another trial was
during the quickStart phase, when I discovered my project.xml file did
not contain the information I had provided in my build.properties file.
There was already a mailing list post about this, which is how I was
able to move forward.

Tomcat started up fine.  I could watch as my
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myPortal/WEB-INF/deploy directory slowly deployed
the demo portlet apps.  However, no matter how much time passes, the
file
jetspeed-layouts.war
will not automatically deploy.

I've tried stopping and restarting tomcat, but that doesn't fix it.
Since it's not deploying, I believe the error I get when I try to access
localhost:8080/myPortal of
Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for
jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumns
is rather expected.

I have a feeling there is a rather simple solution to this, although it
eludes me.  I hope I've provided enough information for someone to help
me.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff Daily

Re: Jetspeed-layouts.war does not autodeploy

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Just a little comment. Why are you using j2 maven plugin version 2.0-M3
with the latest source of jetspeed-2? In the source tree of jetspeed-2
you can find a maven-plugin directory containing the latest source of
the plugin. You can use this plugin by running maven initMavenPlugin, see
<http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-source.html>,
section "initialize the maven-plugin".

Ps. You may also want to check if there are some errors in the logs.

Best regards / med vennlig hilsen,
Rohnny

On 04/19/2006 06:24 PM, Daily, Jeff A wrote:
> Don't know if the version info is important to help with my issue, but
> here it is.
>
> Tomcat version: 5.5.16
> JVM version: 1.5.0_06-b05
> OS: Linux
> OS version: 2.4.21-40.Elsmp
>
> Downloaded latest source revision as of yesterday, perhaps 395283?
> Using maven plug-in version 2.0-M3
                              ^^^^^^