Posted to surefire-dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2008/01/25 22:25:41 UTC

SUREFIRE-428: integration test to check class path order

Class path ordering is tricky, and changed recently.  Benjamin Bentmann
provides a regression test in SUREFIRE-428.

However, I'm not certain if I should apply it in Surefire, because we use
those integration tests to verify backwards compatibility with older
versions of Maven.

My initial thought was that perhaps the test should be applied in
core-integration-testing; there are a few small Surefire integration tests
there (which I think is correct), and I think this could join them to
prevent regression for MNG-3118.

Then again, since it's fundamentally an integration test, it doesn't
specifically belong to either side, so maybe Surefire is the best place to
install it...?

Thoughts?

-Dan

Re: SUREFIRE-428: integration test to check class path order

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@exist.com>.
It would seem to be best in Surefire to me - the assertion in Maven
should really be covered by a unit test?