Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2014/03/25 10:59:44 UTC

On Karaf 2.3.x, stay with Spring 3.2.5.RELEASE

Hi all,

FYI, on Karaf 2.3.x branch, we upgraded to Spring 3.2.8.RELEASE using
the ServiceMix bundles. This change breaks CXF as CXF uses
Require-Bundle with Spring bundle symbolic name.

In order to be backward compatible on a minor release, I will revert the
usage of ServiceMix bundles for Spring 3.2.x. It means that Karaf will
stay with Spring 3.2.6.RELEASE (latest one available on Spring EBR).

No objection ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: On Karaf 2.3.x, stay with Spring 3.2.5.RELEASE

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I disagree, as it's not the same bundles, so it could be disturbing for
the users.

The symbolic name and version are different, as it's two different
bundle sources.

Regards
JB

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.