Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by shzh zhao <ao...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 10:18:53 UTC

Does anyone know the status of OO performance item?

hi,

I found there is an item to improve the OO performance.

http://www.openoffice.org/tools/performance/

Investigate reducing the save and load time of OpenOffice.org 6.0 files
(XML):

   -

   Find where it needs how much time.
   -

   Think about where and what to optimize.
   -

   Test the above to see how much reduction in save and load time can be
   achieved, if any.

 In Progress

Sascha Ballach (Spreadsheet) <Sa...@germany.sun.com>
Daniel Vogelheim (Text) <Da...@germany.sun.com>
Björn Milcke (Chart) <Bj...@germany.sun.com>
Christian Lippka <Ch...@germany.sun.com>

Does anyone know the status of this item?

--
*

mailto: *aoo.zhaoshzh@gmail.com <https://google.com/profiles>
 <https://google.com/profiles>

Re: Does anyone know the status of OO performance item?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/12 11:30 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Him
>
> On 31.08.2012 10:18, shzh zhao wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I found there is an item to improve the OO performance.
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/tools/performance/
>>
>> Investigate reducing the save and load time of OpenOffice.org 6.0 files
>> (XML):
>>
>>     -
>>
>>     Find where it needs how much time.
>>     -
>>
>>     Think about where and what to optimize.
>>     -
>>
>>     Test the above to see how much reduction in save and load time can be
>>     achieved, if any.
>>
>>   In Progress
>>
>> Sascha Ballach (Spreadsheet) <Sa...@germany.sun.com>
>> Daniel Vogelheim (Text) <Da...@germany.sun.com>
>> Björn Milcke (Chart) <Bj...@germany.sun.com>
>> Christian Lippka <Ch...@germany.sun.com>
>>
>> Does anyone know the status of this item?
>>

> This one seems to be very very outdated as OpenOffice.org has introduced
> ODF as its native format for OOo 2.0 (released 10/2005, if I remember it
> correct).

I would say that we delete this page to avoid further confusion. When we
focus on performance and take specific actions and when we want to
document it I suggest to create a wiki page if not already one exists.

Juergen

Re: Does anyone know the status of OO performance item?

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Him

On 31.08.2012 10:18, shzh zhao wrote:
> hi,
>
> I found there is an item to improve the OO performance.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/tools/performance/
>
> Investigate reducing the save and load time of OpenOffice.org 6.0 files
> (XML):
>
>     -
>
>     Find where it needs how much time.
>     -
>
>     Think about where and what to optimize.
>     -
>
>     Test the above to see how much reduction in save and load time can be
>     achieved, if any.
>
>   In Progress
>
> Sascha Ballach (Spreadsheet) <Sa...@germany.sun.com>
> Daniel Vogelheim (Text) <Da...@germany.sun.com>
> Björn Milcke (Chart) <Bj...@germany.sun.com>
> Christian Lippka <Ch...@germany.sun.com>
>
> Does anyone know the status of this item?

This one seems to be very very outdated as OpenOffice.org has introduced ODF as
its native format for OOo 2.0 (released 10/2005, if I remember it correct).

Best regards, Oliver.