Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org> on 2019/12/03 11:30:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop RequiredParameters and OptionType

I just stumbled across these classes recently and was looking for sample
uses.
No examples and other tests in the code base seem to use RequiredParameters
and OptionType.

They also seem quite redundant with how ParameterTool itself works
(tool.getRequired()).

Should we drop them, in an attempt to reduce unnecessary code and confusion
for users (multiple ways to do the same thing)? There are also many better
command line parsing libraries out there, this seems like something we
don't need to solve in Flink.

Best,
Stephan

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop RequiredParameters and OptionType

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1,

One concern: these two classes are marked with `@publicEvolving`
annotation.