Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 12:48:41 UTC

CS 4.2.0 - Bug with ssvm - wrong capacity recognized

Hello guys,

I'm trying cs 4.2.0 installed with the cloudstack rpm repositories onto a
centos 63 mgmt server.

I've created a zone, a pod, a cluster with a xenserver 6.2 host.

Created my networks, deployed the sysvm template (with the last version,
not the one into he docs)

I got an issue with the ssvm

My dashboard says me i have 275MB of storage available, that is the size of
the rootfs of the ssvm.
When i ran ssh against my ssvm (ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922
root@169.254.0.82)

i see the following with df -h :

root@s-1-VM:~# df -h
Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail
Use% Mounted on
rootfs                                                  276M  118M  145M
45% /
udev                                                     10M     0   10M
0% /dev
tmpfs                                                    25M  152K   25M
1% /run
/dev/disk/by-uuid/3bbaf5c6-5317-468b-9742-0e68c65ad565  276M  118M  145M
45% /
tmpfs                                                   5.0M     0  5.0M
0% /run/lock
tmpfs                                                    79M     0   79M
0% /run/shm
/dev/xvda1                                               30M   18M   11M
63% /boot
/dev/xvda6                                               53M  4.9M   45M
10% /home
/dev/xvda8                                              368M   11M  339M
3% /opt
/dev/xvda10                                              48M  4.9M   41M
11% /tmp
/dev/xvda7                                              610M  502M   77M
87% /usr
/dev/xvda9                                              415M  107M  287M
27% /var

That's not okay.

In fact, the ssvm mount his own / partition and provide it to the mgmt
server.
However, i configured an nfs server as secondary storage server with ip
182.20.0.57 with mount point /export/secondary.

Why do i not see my nfs server mounted onto the ssvm vm ?

So due to this bug i can't upload my vm templates and populate my templates
database.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Benoit Lair.

Re: CS 4.2.0 - Bug with ssvm - wrong capacity recognized

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Okay, i deleted my secondary storage server from the ui.
Change the ip of my secondary storage server vm, switched to the good vlan
from xencenter
Declared the new secondary storage server from the UI
Seen that i do not configured the good xenserver storage traffic label, so
i got the storage traffic routed on a bad nic on the hypervisor (it's my
fault so, you can't throw the tomatoes)
Rebooted the ssvm vm from the UI, got a clear ssvm fresh install pointing
on the nfs server.
So ssh into the ssvm, seen that the nfs server is well mounted.
I just tried to upload a template, my template is uploading into my nfs
server into templates directory.

Thanks a lot Wei !

Posted by Punith s <pu...@cloudbyte.com>.
i cannot access the console of SSVM ,
i ran a python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg python
script to setup my basic zone.
but my virtual router shown 0 in the infrastructure even after restarting
my MS, any idea on why on getting my virtual router up ?? thanks.

regards,
punith s

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Punith s <pu...@cloudbyte.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Indra,

Thanks for your response.

Effectively, i can't contact my nfs server

Wei, my management.network.cidr is 172.20.0.0/22, so my nfs server is on
172.20.0.57 so in the cidr of mgmt

Is there an impact concerning the config of my zone ?

My pod has a start ip with 172.20.0.100 to 172.20.1.254, is there an issue
due to the fact my secondary storage nfs server has  the ip 172.20.0.57 ?

The reason for configuring the pod with an ip range outside the nfs server
is because the subnet is already used by another cs mgmt instance (i'm
proceeding of a migration of cs 4.0.0 towards a cs 4.2.0 without using the
official upgrade process).

So my nfs server is 172.20.0.57, is managed by cs 4.2.0, with and advanced
zone composed of a pod with an ip range outside the nfs server (it's a
xenserver 6.2 cluster inside).

Does it explain my problem ?

During the time i wrote this email, i saw that the routing table of my ssvm
vm is :

root@s-1-VM:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
default         10.14.0.1       0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth2
google-public-d 172.20.0.1      255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 eth1
10.14.0.0       *               255.254.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth2
10.32.0.0       *               255.240.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth3
link-local      *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth0
172.20.0.0      *               255.255.252.0   U     0      0        0 eth1
172.20.0.57     10.32.0.1       255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 eth3
relais3.altitud 172.20.0.1      255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 eth1

So, i can see that my nfs server (172.20.0.57) is routed via the network gw
10.32.0.1 (it is my storage newtwork)

Why does it need to be routed via my storage network ?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards, Benoit Lair.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.