Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/10/03 11:39:14 UTC

Is there a strict link between framework and compiler?

Hi Guys,

after finally managing to strip Flexmojos from any direct reference to any compiler artifacts (You now explicitly have to specify the compiler you want to use and there's no default anymore). Now I'm working on making it possible to build Flex applications with Falcon. One thing that I noticed is that there allways was the requirement to use the compiler-version matching the framework version. Is this actually still valid? Shouldn't it be possible to compile Flex applications for Flex 4.13 with the compiler of 4.8 or even Adobe Flex? I bet you should only need this dependency on the same version if the framework utilizes new language featrues that the new framework uses.

I'm asking this, because with falcon I have no idea which framework versions I would be able to use.

If there is no strict link between compiler version an framework version ... would it actually be a good idea to have separate versioning for framework and compiler?

For now I'll simply disable the version-equality check in Flexmojos.

Chris

AW: Is there a strict link between framework and compiler?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
If this is the case it would be good if I could have something in the build to get the version of the framework and the version of the compiler. Also I would probably need some sort of information on which framework version the falcon compiler with completely different version numbers can build.

Chris

Posted by Gordon Smith <gs...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.