Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kriss <cr...@limiteazero.com> on 2001/04/24 10:25:32 UTC

Re: Flash & XML

Hi,

    i'm testin release 1.0 of a software called Wave ( http://195.14.236.181/wave/ ) which generates swf files out of swfml (...pretty original name ;-), a proprietary xml language. It's all java stuff and so i think it could be plugged in cocoon quite easily.

Cheers

Kriss
  Could you please share some of your ideas?
  Do you use Macromedia Generator for Flash presentation? How do you use XML with Flash? I am not familiar very much with Macromedia technologies but it's interesting how Cocoon and Flash are combined.

Re: Flash & XML

Posted by Arnaud Vandyck <ar...@ressource-toi.org>.
Kriss wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   i'm testin release 1.0 of a software called Wave ( http://195.14.236.181/wave/ )
> which generates swf files out of swfml (...pretty original name ;-), a proprietary
> xml language. It's all java stuff and so i think it could be plugged in cocoon
> quite easily.

2500Euro !

Nice stuff but a little expensive!

... not so powerful but useful:

Flash 5 new features:
Web Application Server Connectivity

You can easily integrate Macromedia Flash 5 with databases
through Macromedia Generator, URL encoded variables or XML.

Arnaud Vandyck <http://www.ressource-toi.org/>
"... les liƩgeois sont sympas"
- Ali Lukunku, La Gazette des Sports, mar. 10/04/2001, p. 5TG