Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Donker <pa...@reporters.net> on 2003/06/26 01:44:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite question

Hi guys,

1st of all, I'm a total newbe to both this mailinglist and mod_rewrite,
so pardon me if I'm asking this question while it has been asked a
zillion times before, or if it is the wrong place to ask it.
My problem is the following:

I'd like to define a DocumentRoot based on the referer. So, if referer
would be http://www.somesite.com/, docroot should be
/server/www.somesite.com. If ref is http://192.168.0.100, then
/server/192.168.0.100.
My (non-functional) rule is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}       !^http://www.somesite.com/$ [NC]
RewriteCond %(DOCUMENT_ROOT)    !^/var/www/html$
RewriteRule  ^/$1        /server/www.somesite.com [R,L]

Obviousely, this doesnt work...how DO I make it work???
Thanks for any hints

Patrick