Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net> on 2009/11/06 03:29:39 UTC

requirements for a new release (was Re: java and twisted python compatibility?)

Hi

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net>
> wrote:
>> I'd be in favor of deprecating the non-framed transports, it's a bit weird
>> that developers have to foresee whether their servers will be accessed by
>> framed or non-framed clients.
>
> +1

Good :-) Given that it's seems reasonable to make the framed transport as the
default one, what do you guys think of marking it as a requirement for
officially support a language and making a new release (which we should do
ASAP)? We're already making some progress towards that, but maybe we should
have a list of what we want to ship.

The list of languages that support framed transports is, so far:

- C++
- Java
- Erlang
- Ruby
- Perl
- Python

support for C# is not committed yet, but Michael gave his approval to this:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-210

Cheers.

Re: requirements for a new release (was Re: java and twisted python compatibility?)

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.
+1

I'd be in favor of seeing this as well.

-Chris