Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 17:47:18 UTC

How to boost score of particular field in a copy field?

Hi,

I have 10 fields copied in to a single copy field for default search. I am
trying to boost one particular field in that copy field, but I am not sure
how boosting in copy field work. Can someone let me know how boosting works
in copy field?

Thanks,
BB

Re: How to boost score of particular field in a copy field?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried simply searching across all 30
fields using (e)dismax? You can set this up in
a request handler in solrconfig.xml and forget
about it.

You could also de-boost the copied-to field
by using a boost < 1 (but > 0, e.g. 0.5).

Best
Erick

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
What you should consider is to use the edismax (or dismax) query parser and
then you can boost the individual fields. That's a major part of its reason
for existence - to overcome the limitation of copyField that you mention.

-- Jack Krupansky