Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry M Sivertson <ls...@juno.com> on 2001/10/29 03:38:28 UTC

Windows 98 Question

I recently  downloaded Tomcat and tried to set it up on Windows 98. A URL
of localhost:8080 brings up the default home page, as it should. Under
Web Applications on the left side of that page are three links. I get a
404 on "JSP Examples" and "Servlet Examples", but the link to "WebDAV
Capabilities" works just fine.

Here's the last few entries from the localhost_examples_log when trying
to access :
2001-10-28 18:07:13 ContextConfig[/examples]: Missing application
web.xml, using defaults only
2001-10-28 18:07:13 StandardWrapper[/examples:default]: Loading container
servlet default
2001-10-28 18:07:14 default: init
2001-10-28 18:07:14 StandardWrapper[/examples:invoker]: Loading container
servlet invoker
2001-10-28 18:07:14 invoker: init
2001-10-28 18:07:15 jsp: init
2001-10-28 18:07:16 Internal Error: File /WEB-INF/web.xml not found

The first line is complaining about no web.xml in the examples directory,
but from what I've been able to figure out, there isn't supposed to be a
web.xml file there. What am I missing here?

The last line is complaining about  WEB-INF/web.xml, which does exist and
looks like it's doing the right stuff. I'm wondering if this is a problem
with the case of the directory "WEB-INF". In a DOS window, everything
seems to be in lower case, except this directory.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry