Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by lb <lb...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 13:53:41 UTC

karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it would make sense to extend current discovery service to
make it more generic and shareable among other services that need discovery
capabilities.

This may be achieved by adding some filtering capability to discoverMembers
i.e.

Collection<DiscoveredMember> discoverMembers(String domain)

How domain is used is implementation dependant (labels for kubernetes, path
for etcd, etc). Domain used by karaf clustering may be then defined in
hazelcast's service configuration file or wherever it make sense.

It would also be useful to have additional info about the discovery
services like all the kubernetes label or any additional attribute
associated with the discovered service.

What do you think ?

Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Luca,

Discovery comes from cloud and we extended later to kubernetes. It makes
sense to extend the API to support domains/filters.

As it could be backward compatible, it's something that we can include
in next minor release.

Can you create a Jira about that, I will do it ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thx

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
KARAF-4245

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Scott,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.