Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/29 16:13:41 UTC

dependencyManagement does not work with war file

I'm working on a small "example" project and am trying to incorporate a lot
of maven features into it.  It's got a main pom and modules for multiple
jars, a war, and an ear.  I've just added dependencyManagement, but the ear
pom does not seem to pick up the version from the dependencyManagement and
still requires me to put in the version for the war dependency.  Is this by
intent or is it a bug?

Re: dependencyManagement does not work with war file

Posted by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com>.
My understanding (according to Better Builds with Maven (BBwM) book among
other places) is that by putting the dependency and version in the
dependencyManagement of a parent pom that it is not necessary to put ANY
dependency version of the modules.  What I'm trying to do is almost
identical to what BBwM shows in section 3.4

Posted by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com>.
I tried to send the whole project zipped up but got rejected as spam.  So
here goes - parent, ear pom and war pom (just in case).

Posted by Patrick Schneider <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andi Anderson <cr...@yahoo.com>.
did you try putting