Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "A.Shevel@lynx.ru" <A....@lynx.ru> on 2003/08/18 16:42:43 UTC

Current OTM and JCA Adapter usability

Greetings to everyone.

Is it possible to rely on current JCA adapter and OTM implementations in
   commercial projects? We've done some research and it seems that
transaction stuff inside JCA adapter is unusable.
Can someone acknowledge it or provide any comments on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Andrew Shevel
A.Shevel@lynx.ru

Re: Current OTM and JCA Adapter usability

Posted by "A.Shevel@lynx.ru" <A....@lynx.ru>.
Matthew,

I'll try to describe my thoughts about distributed transaction support
in OJB adapter. Tell me what do you think.

Consider this architecture: OJB adapter doesn't use it's internal jdbc
stuff but instead uses JDBC resource declared in EJB container. If
declared resource implements XAResource then OJB adapter could easily
implement this interface by invoking XAResource implementation provided
by JDBC driver. This architecture assumes one to one relationship
between OJB adapter and JDBC resource instances. This architecture also
gives possibility for OJB to rely on EJB container specific connection
pooling.

Seems to be too simple, doesn't it? Do you think XAResource
implementation inside OJB adapter needs to be smarter? Can OJB adapter
make a decision it is not ready to commit (during 2-phase commit) based
on it's internal state exclusively in some cases?

Andrew Shevel