Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com> on 2009/01/23 11:35:17 UTC

C++ Trunk - Code generator does not generate generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.cpp file

Please not $subject.

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: C++ Trunk - Code generator does not generate generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.cpp file

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:

>> I think this is a deliberate change. Are you building on windows by
>> any chance?
>>
> Yes I am. This did work fine a couple of days back.

I suspect http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=736783&view=rev means that
the windows build needs modified.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Danushka,
>
>> My issue relates to code generation. You should have
>> generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.cpp generated in order to build the
> .exe.
>
> Right - some generation-related stuff changed recently and I just
> updated the Windows build to account for it.
>
> It doesn't need to generate MaxMethodBodySize.h any longer. The
> project files are checked back in.

Apologies for this, I did not think to check the windows build system when I
made the change and I don't have access to a windows machine to test such changes.

I've been tempted for a while to move the build system to cmake - there's a good
writeup from the KDE project. Anyone know enough about cmake to say if this
would reduce or increase the amount of per-platform stuff in the build system
between Unix & windows?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Danushka,

> My issue relates to code generation. You should have
> generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.cpp generated in order to build the
.exe.

Right - some generation-related stuff changed recently and I just
updated the Windows build to account for it.

It doesn't need to generate MaxMethodBodySize.h any longer. The
project files are checked back in.

Note there is still a build error around QueueEvents... More
functionality needs to be added to the IocpPoller (Windows) to get
this working. I will try to get to it next week.

-Steve

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.
Danushka,

What environment are you using?

Here are the steps I used for VS 2008.

1. Download and run the Boost binary installer for Boost 1.36, Visual
Studio 9.
2. Set the machine environment variables BOOST_HOME and BOOST_VERSION.
3. Get the latest InlineAllocator.h from trunk.
4. Start VS 2008, open the qpid.vsproj file.
5. Build all.

I see that it did build the generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.exe program.

Thanks,
-Josh

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Please not $subject.

Most common issue for this is a bad version of Ruby, as generation is
done with Ruby.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org