Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marouane Amraoui <Ma...@omnidata.co.ma> on 2007/04/09 13:47:44 UTC

Using maven directly from a java application ?

Hi,

I want to atomize  the creation of the structure of my project. So iwant to develop a desktop application in order to give to the end user

To fill some parameters like : groupId,  artifactId ...

My question how can I invoke all command mvn from my application desktop , ie I don't want to use the mvn.bat  I want to use java classes of maven directly ??

This is a simple to do or I must navigate on all java classes  maven ????

Thx

Merouane AMRAOUI
Consultant Expert
Division Développement
Email.: mamraoui@omnidata.co.ma

Gsm  .: 065 19 60 99
Tél. | Tel.: 022 98 70 70Téléc | Fax: 022 98 70 70
OMNIDATA , 74 Bv AbdelMoumen

Re: Using maven directly from a java application ?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You may want to try to use the Maven Embedder:
http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/embedder/

Wayne

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
The snapshot is for the parent POM, so having a repository set in the POM
has no effect as maven has to resolve the parent before reading the POM...

You can run maven with -DremoteRepositories=
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
This avoids changing your settings and allow to build the embedder project.

Posted by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com>.
While that will probably work, I don't find that to be an acceptible
solution.

I don't want to include any repositories in my settings.xml, as I am
experimenting with several projects which build with m2 and I don't want to

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Posted by Thierry Lach <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.