Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net> on 2011/02/27 19:59:15 UTC

MRELEASE-657: inherited properties

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to propose a patch for this bug (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-657). So, I'm digging inside
maven-release code.

Could you please correct the assertions/sentences I make below, coming from
my current understanding:

   - Each pom is read almost exclusively as a File
   - Inherited properties aren't visible/used since they could not only come
   from a property defined in a pom from the reactor (but for example, from the
   settings.xml), and so release might become unreproducible.
      - Only dependency versions that might be defined a property from the
      current pom are supported
   - Using MavenProject.getProperties() is irrelevant since it returns not
   only reactor's defined props

Is there a way to know if a property comes from the reactor, or is coming
from outside (built from something from settings.xml, system properties or
something like that)?

Thanks for your answers or even your hints or opinion about this bug.

Thanks
Baptiste