Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Fallon <ri...@2ergo.com> on 2006/11/22 17:42:01 UTC

Context File is Created As A Directory

Hi Guys,

I am having difficulty with deploying an application using Tomcat 5.0 .
I am deploying a <application name>.war file that contains a context.xml
file in the META-INF directory.
Before starting the Tomcat server I

remove the unpacked directory from tomcat/webapps

remove the <application name>.xml from tomcat/conf/Cataline/localhost

The problem I am experiencing is this.

The <application name>.xml 'file' that is created in the
tomcat/conf/Cataline/localhost directory is not being created properly.
The <application name>.xml is created as an empty directory within
tomcat/conf/Cataline/localhost.  It is not creating a file.  I am
expecting a <application name>.xml that contains the contents of my
META-INF/context.xml file stored in my .war file.

I have spoken with a colleague who said he too had experienced a similar
problem but was unable to resolve.  I am more determined than he, but
admit to struggling with this.
Before listing any further configuration issues has anyone seen this
behaviour?  (I have looked in vain on Google/Groups).
Many thanks

Richard

--
Richard Fallon

Head of Application Development

2 ergo ltd
st. mary's chambers
haslingden road
rawtenstall
lancashire
BB4 6QX
united kingdom

T +44 (0) 1706 221777  F +44 (0) 1706 221888
E richard.fallon@2ergo.com
W www.2ergo.com

2 ergo ltd, a subsidiary of 2 ergo group plc, quoted on AIM - a market of the London Stock Exchange.

The information in this e-mail (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. It is not to be relied upon by any person other than the addressee except with our prior written approval. If no such approval is given, we will not accept any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from acting, on such information. Unauthorised recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us and sent as an attachment to this e-mail will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuses of the contents of this e-mail or such documents. Whilst we run anti-virus software on all internet e-mails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus software. Nothing in this e-mail or any attachment shall be an acceptance of any offer previously made nor shall be itself an offer capable of acceptance to form a legally binding contract.

Re: Context File is Created As A Directory

Posted by Richard Fallon <ri...@2ergo.com>.
I am , I thought I'd share my findings with you

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Fallon <ri...@2ergo.com>.