Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> on 2005/10/05 01:22:30 UTC

Re: Apache segfaults with Oracle AS10g (9.0.4.0) when attempting to use mod_perl

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:01:36 -0500
Rafael Caceres <rc...@aasa.com.pe> wrote:

> When trying to use any mod_perl functionality in the Apache server
> included with Oracle AS10g under AIX 5.3, such as
> -'PerlModule Apache::Status'
> -'PerlModule Apache::DBI'
> or others using XS, Apache does a coredump.
>
> The same coredump occurs if no XS using module is loaded from
> httpd.conf but used in a script run from the /perl location.
>
> The same occurs if an XS using module is run with 'PerlRequire
> initial_load.pl'
>
> The PERL5LIB value is correctly set in the Apache httpd.conf, so that
> is not the problem. Oracle support has provided very little help to
> date, and mod_perl usage is critical for our SingleSignOn system.

  So this only happens when you load an XS module or run a script that
  uses one?  This sounds to me like a binary incompatibility problem.
  Such as Apache, mod_perl, and Perl itself were compiled under one
  compiler and your XS modules under another ( or just a different
  version ).

  Unless the version that Oracle gave you gives you some special
  features, I would recommend recompiling Apache, mod_perl, perl,
  and your XS modules with the compiler on your server.

   Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org