Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by afryer <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/24 06:04:53 UTC

javax.mail.Session resource and smtp authentication

i just wanted to check that i'm doing the right thing in regards to using a
javax.mail.Session resource with openejb.

I have a mail session resource configured as follows...

Initially i was confused by the documentation about what name should be used
for the password field (ie. password or mail.smtp.password) but now my
understanding is that it doesn't matter what it is called because it isn't
actually used by openejb.

Is it correct that the password property is just configured with the
resource so you can access it later from the mail session to do the
authentication yourself?  In other words, is it true that openejb won't
setup the mail session to do authentication automatically and you have to
code the authentication yourself?

I ended up having the following code in a stateless ejb to set the mail
session up to do authentication.  Am i on the right track?  I thought it
would be nice if openejb set the mail session up to do the authentication
automatically.