Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com> on 2014/04/08 08:27:26 UTC

[ACS 4.4][QA] Windowsfication of management server

Hi Alex,

I have identified High Level Test Combinations in comparison with Linux installer and the details are :

1.  Installation of Management Server(MS) with VMware as we mount Secondary Storage on Management Server and other hypervisors validation
2.  DB and MS on the same Server
3.  DB , MS and Usage Server combinations
4.  Min Performance/Scalability  Requirements with Windows MS with 4.4 release .
5.  Remote DB with Windows MS
6.  MS acting as Storage provider ( All In One combination)
7.   Log files location and how easy to debug
8.   Integration with Windows Events in case of MS failures ??
9.   Seeding system VM templates - New script for windows?
10. MS Service Start , Stop ,Restart , Status
11. Supported Platforms Or Platforms to cover - Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2K12 R2 64 bit
12.  DB - Mysql  , Java , Apache versions
13. Folder structure
14. Ports to be opened by default
15.  Multinode Management Test combination
16. Removal of MS , Usage Server  , Mysql
17. Dependency package verification
18. Cloudstack bridge folder structure
19.  Equivalent scripts for cloudstack-setup-management , cloudstack-sccs , cloudstack-aws-api-register , cloudstack-sysvmadm , cloudstack-setup-bridge etc.. .

Can you please share the test combinations you would like to own among the above list and  Please add to the list if I missed out any.

These are high level test combinations . I am yet to explore FS  to add/remove supported test scenarios.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Damodar. I will include it in the list.

Regards,
Sailaja.M

Also we need to test the encryption part (Encryption in db as well as management properties)

Thanks & Regards
Damodar/

Posted by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com>.