Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by dahu <da...@dahu.fr> on 2014/02/07 19:32:57 UTC

ContributorRequest - (with the files attached)

hi

seems i was wrong asking directly to the owner of the PowerBy page to
add my product to not poluate this mailing :(

So, I've build a "personnality check" on a big servlet based on the
Exist XML DataBase running on a Tomcat. Every day , my servlet collect
the data on my public webserver, download it and work to generate all
the average based on 900 000 rows. Then, it push it back on my public
webserver. The website is in french but, to explain, its not a simple
personnality check, it "compare" your results with all other, i mean
All, over 130 questions. (the web : fichedepersonnalite.com)

So, after month working on my servlet and finally get it work fine,
browsing regulary the wiki, i saw the PowerBy and wonder now it's
finished to mention my product on it.

I saw that the powerby page is a big spammy page. So, understanding that
i have a good face of spammy guy, i decided to contribute and not just
ask a contributorGroup  status.

So, i cleaned the page with this methodology :

1- listing all external link with a free tool like
http://smallseotools.com/website-links-count-checker/

2- checking all http header with the php get_headers function()
=> CSV attached with all html headers (no header=timeout)

3 - Generating  well MoinMoin formated (using MoinMoin sandbox) url list
(only header code 200,301,302)

4 - Cleaning double(triple!) domain  + Keeping all articles, valuable
url even if same url

5 - Removing all logo (because pointing on external url)

6 - Copy past all missing text

7 - Designing in a list like DMOZ style and automated list numbers syntax

8 - Added my product fichedepersonnalite.com

9 - Done. the text file attached is the MoinMoin code of the clean list
(poweredBy-moinmoin.txt)

10 - Enjoy !

  You just have to verify that all is right and copy/paste the code

Hope you will appreciate my contribution and give a chance to my work

Whatever your decision, be aware that it's a real strange page with
really many outdated links and many keyword optimizations... May be
consider to just put this page down ? or put all links in "nofollow" ?

regards

LAINE pierre-jean
wikiaccount PierreJean