Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Xiaoqiao He <xq...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/05 16:39:26 UTC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CarbonData 1.0.0-incubating released

 Firstly, configuration to *Apache CarbonData 1.0.0-incubating released*
and Thanks for the great works.

Test about CarbonData 1.0.0-incubating found that this version is better in
availability, reliability and performance than previous
ones. Especially the performance of loading data improved significantly.

As well as, new features such as supporting update/delete functionality,
integration with Spark 2.x and removing kettle for loading data solution,
etc. are really amazing. In order to improve the dictionary module
performance, I will keep to work for continuous improvement and
optimization about "Double Array Trie".

I am from MEITUAN which is (one of) the biggest O2O internet company in
China, Query scenario we are facing is very complex and diverse, and
CarbonData is just match some of that. so we are in the process of making a
thorough research and plan to deploy CarbonData on our production
environment.

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi relatall

Looks that AWS Athena doesn't support CarbonData format currently.
Maybe you can try your ad hoc queries on CarbonData(HDFS)HDSF+Spark
directly.

Regards
Liang

--
Regards
Liang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CarbonData 1.0.0-incubating released

Posted by re...@gmail.com.
Hi,

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi xiaoqiao