Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org> on 2001/07/24 22:04:10 UTC

RE: Validation and DASL

Quoting Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>:

> hi remy,
>   Do i need to turn validation on when parsing the dasl request.There
> are
> quite a few rules for how the dasl request should be structured.

Validation with Crimson is awfully slow (we're using it in Tomcat 4.0, and it's
adding a lot to the startup time). OTOH, it would be very convinient to do
validation in that particular case. I don't know if it's that big a problem
with other parsers, though.
It's easy to remove, so I suppose we can start with validation enabled, and we
can turn it off later if it turns out to be a performance problem.

Remy