Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ross Clewley <ro...@oracle.com> on 2007/04/11 11:26:27 UTC

Intransitive buildlist

Hello

Is there a case for having the option to have buildlist only look at
direct intransitive dependencies when calculating the build order in
combination with the leaf or root attributes?

I think I'd like to have the option of calculating an ordered list of
modules that are the direct dependency of or directly depend on a chosen
module or list of modules. I'd use this so that I could, for example,
build or test just the modules that directly depend on a given module or
list of modules.

regards

Ross

Re: Intransitive buildlist

Posted by Ross Clewley <ro...@oracle.com>.
Created issue IVY-473.

thanks

Ross

Re: Intransitive buildlist

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 4/11/07, Ross Clewley <ro...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a case for having the option to have buildlist only look at
> direct intransitive dependencies when calculating the build order in
> combination with the leaf or root attributes?
>
> I think I'd like to have the option of calculating an ordered list of
> modules that are the direct dependency of or directly depend on a chosen
> module or list of modules. I'd use this so that I could, for example,
> build or test just the modules that directly depend on a given module or
> list of modules.

There is no such option for the moment, but it shoudn't be too difficult to
implement. You can open a JIRA issue if you want.

- Xavier

regards

> Ross

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!