Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2008/03/29 02:25:51 UTC

[2.0.9 RC5]

This RC has the following changes over RC4:

*        Webdav 1.0-beta-2 instead of beta-1 (This fixes James' issue)

*        The webdav extension version that is bundled in core can be
overridden by an extension element, thus no longer locking in the users.
This plays a little with the classloading so we should rerun all
previous tests to make sure nothing new is broken. FWIW, I used the
latest RC5-Snapshot to build the official RC5 release and had no issues.

*        MNG-3221 has been rolled back and fixed in a different way that
specifically targets just the report plugins in the forked lifecycles.
This should correct the issues seen by Nicolas and Sejal

Those are all the known issues in RC4. We had some issues in the past
with site plugin compat so we should try to get some coverage in that
area as well.

Binaries are here:

http://people.apache.org/~brianf/staging-repository/org/apache/maven/apa
che-maven/2.0.9-RC5/

Thank you everyone for the ongoing testing assistance and regression
fixing. I am confident that 2.0.9 is going to bring a new level of
quality to the project. We'll see if I still feel that way after we let
the users whack at it, but it will be worth it in the end. Once we
achieve this level it will be easier to maintain it going forward with
more frequent releases and closer attention to how we fix issues along
with good ITs to avoid regressions.

--Brian

RE: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
No hold up, I sent RC5 to the user list as well.

I hate holding things up but I didn't get a chance to run it through the
ringer today. Most likely I should be able to do so tomorrow and if
everything passes you'll get my go ahead as well :)

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>
wrote:

> +1 here, seems to be working well for the things I've been building.
>
> -john
>
> On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:25 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
>
> > This RC has the following changes over RC4:
> >
> > *        Webdav 1.0-beta-2 instead of beta-1 (This fixes James'
issue)

> > *        The webdav extension version that is bundled in core can be
> > overridden by an extension element, thus no longer locking in the
> > users.
> > This plays a little with the classloading so we should rerun all
> > previous tests to make sure nothing new is broken. FWIW, I used the
> > latest RC5-Snapshot to build the official RC5 release and had no
> > issues.
> >
> > *        MNG-3221 has been rolled back and fixed in a different way
> > that
> > specifically targets just the report plugins in the forked
lifecycles.
> > This should correct the issues seen by Nicolas and Sejal
> >

> > Those are all the known issues in RC4. We had some issues in the
past
> > with site plugin compat so we should try to get some coverage in
that
> > area as well.
> >

> > Binaries are here:

http://people.apache.org/~brianf/staging-repository/org/apache/<http://p
eople.apache.org/%7Ebrianf/staging-repository/org/apache/>

--
Justice is nothing more than that which is in the greatest self-interest
of

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Sejal Patel <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1 here, seems to be working well for the things I've been building.

-john

On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:25 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> This RC has the following changes over RC4:
>
> *        Webdav 1.0-beta-2 instead of beta-1 (This fixes James' issue)
>
> *        The webdav extension version that is bundled in core can be
> overridden by an extension element, thus no longer locking in the
> users.
> This plays a little with the classloading so we should rerun all
> previous tests to make sure nothing new is broken. FWIW, I used the
> latest RC5-Snapshot to build the official RC5 release and had no
> issues.
>
> *        MNG-3221 has been rolled back and fixed in a different way
> that
> specifically targets just the report plugins in the forked lifecycles.
> This should correct the issues seen by Nicolas and Sejal
>

> Those are all the known issues in RC4. We had some issues in the past
> with site plugin compat so we should try to get some coverage in that
> area as well.
>

> Binaries are here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~brianf/staging-repository/org/apache/
> maven/apa
> che-maven/2.0.9-RC5/
>

> Thank you everyone for the ongoing testing assistance and regression
> fixing. I am confident that 2.0.9 is going to bring a new level of
> quality to the project. We'll see if I still feel that way after we
> let
> the users whack at it, but it will be worth it in the end. Once we
> achieve this level it will be easier to maintain it going forward with
> more frequent releases and closer attention to how we fix issues along
> with good ITs to avoid regressions.
>

> --Brian

---

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.
Hi Brian,

no issued encountered on a selection of builds wrt to 2.0.8.

Cheers

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Congrats to everyone on a better release process for Maven. Going through
official RC builds certainly seems like the correct approach, as evident by
the many regressions found.

Paul

RE: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Sejal Patel <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: [2.0.9 RC5]

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I get the following error wen generating a site for a plugin (with
maven 2.0.9-RC5 and maven-plugin-plugin 2.4.1):

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: No method on class org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.PluginReport
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.generator.PluginXdocGenerator.<init>(Lorg/apache/maven/project/MavenProject;Ljava/util/Locale;)V

This did not happen with maven 2.0.8.

Not sure if this is a known problem. I thought I read something
similar before but was not able to find it now.

- Henry